• Patient Representative & Grievance Process

  • Patient Grievance Process

    If you have a concern or complaint:

    • First, talk with your nurse or doctor.
    • If you do not feel comfortable talking with your nurse or doctor, ask to speak with the Assistant Nurse Manager, Supervisor, or the Administrative Director on your patient care unit or in the department were you are receiving services.  You may also ask to speak with a Hospital Supervisor or Hospital Administrator.  The Hospital Supervisor can be reached 24/7 by dialing the hospital operator "0" and asking to speak with the Nursing Administrative Supervisor. 
    • If our staff is unable to assist you in resolving your complaint, the Patient Representative may be contacted at 303-426-2449. You can also contact the Concern and Compliment Line at 303-430-2658. You will receive a return call from the Patient Representative within 3 working days to acknowledge receipt of your call.
    • Please know that if you require interpreter or translator services to communicate your concern or complaint, those are available and can be arranged for you.
    • The hospital encourages you to voice complaints and recommend changes freely without being subject to coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable disruption of care.

    In the event that you are unsatisfied with the resolutions provided by hospital staff as described above, your complaint can be elevated to a grievance and an investigation into your concerns will be initiated by our Patient Representative. After this investigation has been completed, and we have received appropriate staff and management input, the Patient Representative will provide you with written notice of the hospital's resolution of the grievance.  The written notice will include steps taken on your behalf to investigate the grievance, results of the grievance process, the date of completion and the appropriate hospital contact person.

    If you, the patient/family member, are not satisfied with the findings of our investigation, upon request the Patient Representative will either a) forward your grievance to the administrative officer or such officer's designee for a 2 nd Level Review or b) forward your grievance and facility findings in writing to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).  You may also contact The Joint Commission by phone at 1-800-994-6610 or email complaint@jointcommission.org or The Health Facilities Division of the CDPHE by phone 303-692-2827 or mail The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80222-1530.

    Note:  The Patient Grievance Process excludes Patient Account/Billing issues except for those related to a Medicare beneficiary.  These issues should be referred to Centura Patient Financial Services at 888-269-7001.

    Non-Discrimination Statement
    Centura Health complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and no person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provision of any care or service on the grounds of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual preference, ancestry, age, familial status, disability or handicap.

    Proceso para la presentación de quejas por el paciente


Search: Current Site All Sites