Classes to Prepare for Surgery
What You Need to Know to Prepare for Spine Surgery
Planning for and recovering from surgery is a collaborative journey between you and your healthcare team. Knowing what to expect before, during and after surgery will contribute to a quicker recovery.
If you are preparing for spine surgery, come to one of our FREE pre-operative spine classes. You are encouraged to bring a family member.
The Class will cover:
- Instructions for the day of your surgery
- Surgical Pre-Admission, Operating Room, & Recovery Room Procedures
- Nursing Care, including equipment and your post-operative routine
- Physical Therapy: daily activities & exercises
- Occupational Therapy: bathing, dressing & using adaptive devices
- Pain management
- Planning for continued care following surgery
Complete your lab work & X-ray the same day before or after class.
Classes are held every Thursday at St. Anthony North Hospital from 2-4 pm.
Please call 303-430-2643 to register.